Farmington, Maine Historical Society
Preserving Farmington's history for the future
Fridays, Titcomb House open appointment
Stay tuned for upcoming business and trustee meeetings
Located in Farmington, Maine, the historical society is touted by state and preservation agencies as being "far ahead of most historical societies." the Farmington Historical Society has been procuring and preserving Farmington's incredible history since 1961.
Farmington Historical Society
A museum of Farmington's history containing thousands of artifacts and research material is located at the Titcomb House, a c. 1846 home located at 118 Academy St.
Please make an appointments to visit. Contact cbell04938@ gmail.com
Titcomb House Museum
Open by Appt.
New! Mugs Featuring S. Lorette Artwork!
A new series of mugs featuring Shirley Lorette's artwork is now available. This year's artwork is of the old F.L. Butler building on Front St. It was the warehouse of Knowlton McLeary before being removed when the structurally-compromised building became unsafe for use. Available at Sugarwood Gallery and Calico Patch. $15 each.
2018 Concert Schedule
- June 15 (Fri) – Ruth Hill –
- June 23 (Sat) – Bob Simons and Renee Goodwin –
- July 7 – (Sat) - Bill Berlinghoff - A folksinger in the Pete Seeger tradition.
- July 21 – (Sat) - South Strong Road Crew and Friends – New Orleans style Traditional Jazz
- Aug 4 – (Sat) - Peter and Will Anderson – Jazz - NYC based saxophonists and clarinetists.
- Aug 18 – (Sat) - Mark Mandeville & Raianne Richards - a folk duo from Massachusetts whose songs resonate with the love of Americana and old country music.
- Oct 6 – (Sat) – Sara Grey and Kieron Means – Powerpoint presentation accompanied by song of migration of old songs and ballads from the British Isle’s and other points in North America into the West.
- Oct 20 – (Sat) – The Gawler Family – (Confirmation Pending) – Lula Wiles (Back up)
- Nov 16 – (Fri) – Denny and Ann Breau – with a broad repertoire spanning classical, light jazz, easy listening and original material
- Dec 8 – (Sat) - Dave Rowe Holiday Concert
- Dec 20 – (Thurs) - Franklin County Fiddlers Reunion
For reservations to any of these shows call 207-778-2006. All shows begin with a dessert social at 6 PM along with a Jam Session in the downstairs meeting hall. Show times are 7 PM.
Check out our new "History Resources" page. Several resources with links are available in one-stop-shopping to make it easy to read and research. Click on the History Resources page seen in the navigation menu on the left.
Ruth Hill, award-winning songwriter, singer, and storyteller, crafts honest songs with powerful imagery and beautiful melodies. Inspired by her deep New England roots, large working-class family and wandering spirit that has taken her from Antarctica to Alaska, she sings from a place of depth and compassion that compels you to lean closer.
Ruth will be playing at the Farmington Historical Society’s North Church at 118 High Street on Friday, June 15 beginning at 7:00 PM. Doors open at 6:00 with a Pie Social and Jam Session. Reservations are encouraged 778-2006.